We found some fuel-cost solutions during our test of the Enzo SV 230. Dial in a cruise speed as precise as 23.5 mph with the PerfectPass system. Use the trim-tab lever to the left of the wheel to reduce drag (most inboards cannot be trimmed because of fixed prop shafts). But before heading out, load up all 14 seats with friends willing to chip in five bucks each for fuel.
This boat is made to hold midrange speeds and big-time crowds, two reasons why it's the official towboat of the World Wake Surfing Championships. Another key to that honor is Centurion's Sideswipe exhaust system, which redirects fumes to port or starboard with the flip of a switch (it also exemplifies power with dragster looks and sound).
Sitting quietly among seven boats at our test site, the Enzo SV 230 was impossible to pass over. The new one-piece cast aluminum wake tower, powder-coated in pure white, demands attention. After further examination, we found the tower is reinforced with 48-inch base plates under each gunwale, and it can be folded down in less than a minute to get under bridges or short garage doors.
Centurion has long been a pioneer in the inboard towboat segment, bringing qualities as major as V-drive configurations and as detailed as snap-out carpet to this niche. It's why a boat like the Enzo SV 230 extends far outside the tight wakeboarding category to reach people who simply want to boat.
Key Note: The 22-degree deadrise cuts through water and gives the Enzo familiar driving qualities for stern-drive owners.
• A bulkhead crosses the walkthrough to the bow, stabilizing the hull; an insulated cooler is designed into it.
• Removable headrest behind the driver allows a cockpit passenger to lounge while facing the riding action.
• In-gel graphics will withstand more dings and are easy to polish with the entire boat.
- Vital Stats
- Length Overall: 23'
- Beam: 8'6"
- Dry Weight: 4,400 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 46 gal.
- Seating Capacity: 14
- Maximum HP: 420
- MSRP (test boat w/ MerCruiser Black Scorpion): $92,112
- NMMA Certified: Yes
- Test Drive
- Test Engine: MerCruiser Black Scorpion, 330 hp
- Test Prop: Acme 13.5 x 16
- Test Load: People (310 lb.); Fuel (25 gal.)
- Top Speed: 42.0 @ 5,000 RPM
- Time to Plane: 4.0 sec.
- Time to 30 MPH: 7.2 sec.