The 195 SS is the latest addition to Crownline's bowrider fleet, and though it's closest to the popular 190 in overall size, the 195 draws its inspiration from the 185 SS. This hot-rod look is a hallmark of Crownline. We often hear other boat manufacturers comparing their new sport packages to Crownline's, which says plenty about them being the leader in this genre.
This size makes sense, because it straddles the line of being small enough to easily maneuver and to carry out the ultrasport appearance, yet it's just big enough to be the most-popular boat among young active boaters on the lake. There will be guests, so the removable carpet is a smart addition. It covers the seamless deck liner, which is bonded to a composite stringer grid for enhanced rigidity — another necessity for a boat that will tempt drivers to push the throttle more often than usual.
Like other Crownline models, the 195 SS rides on the company's F.A.S.T. Tab hull, which utilizes vented chines and a performance pad to enhance speed. With a quick 3.5 seconds to plane and the ability to stay on plane at speeds in the 17 mph range, this boat is well suited for water sports. The hull is designed to accommodate a 5.0-liter power plant, but it is also a strong performer with the latest generation of fuel-efficient 4.3-liter power plants. We achieved 50 mph when fitted with the 220 hp MPI upgrade, and the boat will run into the high 40s with the standard 190 hp version.
Key Note: Crownline's latest bowrider combines attention-getting styling with solid running performance, making it well suited for a variety of recreational pursuits.
• Sculpted bow area features reclined backrests and recessed, integrated bow rails.
• Serious wakeboard enthusiasts have the option of a high-torque prop and adding Perfect-Pass speed control.
• Wide swim platform provides a staging area and can be fitted with an optional splash-proof remote for the sound system.
- Vital Stats
- Length Overall: 19'5"
- Beam: 8'6"
- Dry Weight: 3,640 lb.
- Seating/Weight Capacity: 8/1,160 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 25 gal.
- Maximum HP: 260
- MSRP (test boat w/ MerCruiser 4.3L MPI): $45,138
- NMMA Certified: Yes
- Test Drive
- Test Engine: MerCruiser 4.3L MPI
- Test Prop: 19-pitch Vengeance
- Test Load: People (400 lb.); Fuel (30 gal.)
- Top Speed: 50.3 mph @ 4,750 rpm
- Time to Plane: 3.5 sec.
- Time to 30 MPH: 9.5 sec.