One glance is all it takes to label The Angler V175 FS a serious fishing boat for all climates. The high windshield, modular seating and generous-size bow platform are exactly what multispecies anglers need to do everything from working the shoreline to trolling open water.
Learning that this same boat is also a pretty good family-fun machine may take a bit longer. Remove the aluminum-reinforced casting deck insert from the bow, add some cushions and the snap-in deck carpet, and raise the rear jump seats and the ski pylon. Just like that, you're ready for a lake party.
Often, when builders label a boat a "fish and ski" model, it means compromises have been made at one end of the recreational spectrum or the other. G3 avoids this label and focuses attention on the V175's fishing potential. And with good reason. You'll find locking rod storage in the wide gunwales, aerated livewells fore and aft, dual batteries amidships to enhance trim, and a stand-up canvas package that will keep you fishing late into the season.
But thanks to some hull retooling and smart use of the interior spaces, owners can do more than just wet a line. New running surfaces and strakes give the hull added lift — allowing it to stay on plane at wakeboard speeds. The hull is also quite stable, allowing passengers to move about comfortably without rocking the boat.
A 115-horse outboard is all most fishermen would need to get down the lake. At 30 mph that package will deliver better than 6 mpg. For those who want a bit more towing power, the beefy transom can accommodate up to a 150, and there's enough flotation aft to carry the weight.
• Bow and stern livewells provide a combined 45-gallon capacity.
• Hull is doubleplated in key areas, including the bow and keel.
• Standard trailer includes convenience features such as ball tamer, LED lights and transom tie-downs.
• Wiring includes bow and stern trollingmotor connectors, three trim-switch positions and a bow voltage gauge.
- Test Drive
- Test Engine: Yamaha F115
- Test Prop: Yamaha 13" X 16" stainless steel
- Test Load: People (450 LB.) Fuel (20 GAL.)
- Top Speed: 41.9 MPH @ 5,675 RPM
- Time to Plane: 4.8 sec.
- Time to 30 MPH: 8.9 sec
- Most Economical Cruise Speed: 25.5 MPH @ 3,600 RPM, 4 GPH
- Vital Stats
- Length Overall: 17'5"
- Beam: 8'
- Dry Weight: 1,680 LB.
- Seating/Weight Capacity: 7/1,700 LB.
- Fuel Capacity: 35 GAL.
- Max HP: 150
- MSRP: $30,895
- NMMA Certified: Yes