Princecraft pontoon have always been a grade or two above the midlevel pack. The company uses top-grade materials, such as 5052-H36 aluminum, which it welds into watertight pontoons with air valves on top to allow you to keep them pressurized for added strength and rigidity. A third pontoon adds extra buoyancy for the large-horsepower engine and added passengers and gives the boat a ride-on-the-top feel that you'd expect from a sport boat. MerCruiser power on board comes standard, as does power steering, making the boat turn effortlessly.
We liked the aft swim platform and the way its length matched the reach of the propellers. This offers added assurance that swimmers probably won't knock their shins when the boat is at anchor. The stainless-steel boarding ladder can be deployed from the water, adding safety for an accidental man-overboard situation or convenience for a swimmer. Entering the boat from the platform is convenient too, when passing through the aft entry gate. Forward and port gates make it easy to dock and offload passengers from any angle.
The helm-station console includes storage, a cooler and a freshwater sink for added comfort and refreshment. Comfort is coupled with luxury in the rich vinyl upholstery and thick padding underneath. On evening cruises, LED lighting adds security and sets a soft mood.
Pontoons are for feel-good riding, but who can feel good unless they look good on board? The SVX handles that with a rich blue finish and finely anodized rails. Vinyl padding inside dampens noise and softens the interior look.
Our check ride shows Princecraft doesn't cut corners and needn't apologize for its price point.
• Fiberglass nose cones give the SVX a sleek profile and add storage space for lines.
• Center-tube storage lockers add space for skis and life jackets.
• Wakeboard tower looks cool and makes an easy tow point for riders.
• Fiberglass helm station is durable and good-looking.
• Aft seating area gives more comfort for family fun when the boat is at rest.
- Test Drive
- Test Engine: MerCruiser 496 MAG Bravo Three
- Test Prop: 15.5" X 28"
- Test Load: People (450 LB.) Fuel (30 GAL.)
- Top Speed: 51 MPH @ 4,800 RPM
- Vital Stats
- Length Overall: 24'10"
- Beam: 8'6"
- Dry Weight: 4,880 LB.
- Seating/Weight Capacity: 13/1,800 LB.
- Fuel Capacity: 55 GAL.
- Max HP: 375
- MSRP: $91,000 (Canadian currency)
- NMMA Certified: Yes