In 2009, every pontoon maker is creating a stern-drive with aft-facing seats. But Voyager brought the concept to an outboard and cleverly designed two aft-facing lounges that aren't just safe for sunning, but running too. They retained the security of the aft railing to keep little ones inside and mounted a swim platform on the tubes behind the rail. The effect is unique and practical, giving a nice platform and seating for full-speed running.
The aft seats were not the only new features on the Voyager. At the helm station, we found an entertainment galley blinged with a black granite top — no, really granite — and fitted out with a stainless-steel-front Dometic refrigerator. The helm is elevated. You can still tuck a cooler under the helm, but it's not likely you'll need to.
Styling was enhanced by using vinyl-upholstery insets to cover durable kickplates at the seat bases protecting the seating and adding an attractive floor molding as well. There was other bling on board to supplement the practical appeal of the Extreme Cruise. Stainless-steel cleats folded flush to the deck, when not in use, and for back-up mooring strength, each corner cleat also has a stainless-steel bow eye. Low to the floor, LED lighting added mood and secure footing for moon cruises, but the design team kept the light low, protecting night vision.
Mercury's 250 Pro XS gave us remarkable top speed and acceleration ideal for casual wakeboard and tube riding.
Key Note: For quieter riding, the Mercury Pro XS quasi-racing motor can be swapped for a Verado four-stroke.
• Starboard boarding ladder is clear of the motor so swimmers won't nick shins reboarding.
• Well-appointed entertainment galley with fridge and stowable cooler keep crowds quenched.
• Elevated helm platform gives a clear, commanding view over the bow passengers.
- Vital Stats
- Length Overall: 25'
- Beam: 8'6"
- Dry Weight: 2,650 lb.
- Seating/Weight Capacity: 16/2,900 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 40 gal.
- Maximum HP: 250
- MSRP (test boat w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS): $49,950
- NMMA Certified: No
- Test Drive
- Test Engine: Mercury 250 Pro XS
- Test Prop: 19" Mirage
- Test Load: People (500 lb.); Fuel (25 gal.)
- Top Speed: 40.5 mph @ 5,500 rpm
- Time to 30 MPH: 6 sec.