Its multifunctionality comes from the mating of a 16-degree deadrise hull and a spunky Yamaha F250 outboard that handled snap turns easily, stepped up on plane in 4.4 seconds and zipped us along at 48.9 mph at wide-open throttle. Pretty impressive. More impressive, though, is the nearly four miles per gallon it achieved at the comfortable cruising speed of 26 mph.
The partyer is stroked by a stereo system that includes a Sony receiver, Polk audio speakers, a subwoofer and an amplifier. The components are "racked" in the console, and a remote at the helm gives fingertip control. The subwoofer hangs from the Xtreme package wakeboard tower, which brings up the next obvious benefactor — the wakeboard rider.
The Xtreme lays down a beautiful wake at around 20 mph, and we tweaked the trim and throttle to bring the crisp lip closer to or farther from the boat, depending on your rider's choice.
A forward boarding platform adds to the boat's versatility, as does the ladder and anchor locker. A livewell on the bow makes this a great option for coastal boaters who just happen to love to fish, swim, beach the boat and cruise. When they're done with all those games and nicely bronzed by the sun, the SunDeck's full fiberglass sole is easy to wash down with a hose. So is the Yamaha engine, using the built-in flushing port. So, you know the end of the day will be easy, even if you aren't sure at the start how your boating day will be spent.
• Optional Vacuflush toilet makes the changing room an important convenience.
• A walk-through transom assists in easy boarding, and a portside swim ladder helps swimmers reboard.
• Our test boat was equipped with an optional house battery to power the stereo system.
• Hull graphics give an exciting appearance to the profile.
- Test Drive
- Test Engine: Yamaha F250
- Test Prop: Yamaha SWS 15.25" X 19"s
- Test Load: People (200 LB.) Fuel (9 GAL.)
- Top Speed: 48.9 MPH @ 6,200 RPM
- Time to Plane: 4.4 sec.
- Time to 30 MPH: 7.3 sec.
- Most Economical Cruise Speed: 26.4 MPH @ 3,200 RPM, 6.7 GPH
- Vital Stats
- Length Overall: 24'
- Beam: 8'6"
- Dry Weight: 3,735 LB.
- Seating/Weight Capacity: 12/2,000 LB.
- Fuel Capacity: 77 GAL.
- Max HP: 300
- MSRP: $63,412 (as tested); $46,575 (base w/ Yamaha F150TXR)
- NMMA Certified: Yes