Yamaha's new 232 Limited S is built on the tested 23-foot platform, but refinements to both style and construction techniques have taken quality and enjoyability even higher for this jet-powered runabout.
Automated robotic tooling precisely places every hull cut and mounting hole. The result is that each new 232 Limited comes off the line exactly like the one before it. Yamaha puts equal emphasis on manufacturing the custom trailer, adding convenience and safety when getting it to the ramp.
On our test drive, we took a "test seat" in the well-fitted cockpit and nestled into the contoured lounges. We stretched our legs out in the bow seating up front and leaned back on the comfortably reclined seat backs. The captain and mate get bucket seats, and those wrapped around us as we dropping inside. For a breezy view of the water ahead, we flipped the bolster up for a higher view.
Acceleration is dizzying, but what impressed us more was the way the 232 stuck in the turns at speeds in the 40s. Its sharp keel grabbed the water and carved right around, making skier pickup easy and efficient.
Because many boaters enjoy relaxing on the water more than rushing, the 232 is equipped with a two-tiered swim platform and a removable picnic table, which makes for a beautifully convenient and relaxing place to hang while kids swim, safe from bumping their knees and shins on exposed props. Jet-drive systems are almost entirely contained within the hull.
Key Note: Dual throttle and shift levers give added control over other jets at water-sports speeds.
• The new style aluminum wakeboard arch sports integrated ambient cockpit lighting and powerful new stereo speakers.
• Newly refined interior offers upgraded carpet and upholstery for a great new look.
• We liked the new style flare of the docking lights at the bow.
• No-wake throttle setting lets boaters concentrate on relaxing in slow zones instead of struggling with boat speed.
- Vital Stats
- Length: 23'
- Beam: 8'6"
- Dry Weight: 3,314 lb.
- Seating/Weight Capacity: 10/1,799 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 50 gal.
- Maximum HP: 320
- MSRP: from $43,199
- NMMA Certified: Yes
- Test Drive
- Test Engine: Twin Yamaha 160 H.O. four-strokes
- Test Prop: n/a
- Test Load: People (400 lb.); Fuel (25 gal.)
- Top Speed: 49.2 mph @ 10,000 rpm
- Time to Plane: 3.0 sec.
- Time to 30 mph: 6.8 sec.
- Minimum Planing Speed: 19 mph @ 6,500 rpm