I keep my boat in my garage with my on board charger plugged to an electrical outlet. A sulfur like odor in my garage is coming from boat?
Any ideas as to what this is? I can't pinpoint it to any specific area of the boat and after a few minutes you don't notice the odor even though its still there. Also comes into the house but you don't notice it until you leave the house and then come back in is when its most noticeble. Anyone who comes to the house notices the ordor initially. I'm thinking it might be an electrical problem. Any suggestions would be very helpful.Thanks, Tom
Well, are the batteries outgassing? Have you climbed aboard and looked?
Your batteries are probably either being overcharged by your charger or are low on acid.
Check the state of charge of each cell with a hydrometer. Also check the acid levels, filling with distilled water to the underside of the hole when loking inside after removing the caps.
What Kevin said, check too see if your battery charger is over charging with a DVOM meter, and check your water levels as well but use only DISTILLED water, and the one thing that is most important WEAR EYE PROTECTION PLEASE, when you pop the tops a little bubble forms and when you remove the caps that bubble pops and acid sprays sometimes especially since it's been overcharged the pressure has to go somewhere,it's like opening a bottle of pop, Good luck Myles.