Now that old-school foam koozies have been displaced by insulated metal drink holders and tumblers, here’s how to extend the life of your favorite koozie with these 10 alternate uses aboard your boat.
1. Pin cushion for hooks and rigging needles.
2. Handy place to stash lead sinkers.
3. Emergency drain plug for the livewell.
4. Mount it to a wood base for stacking spools of leader line.
5. Emergency bung for a broken through-hull or small hole in the hull.
6. Protect your GoPro from scratches.
7. Cover and protect small fishing reels.
8. Store ¼-pound spools of fishing line.
9. Put it on a rod butt to fight a fish when you can’t find a rod belt.
10. Keep it in case your new-fangled Yeti tumbler goes overboard.
Have any other ideas for recycling old koozies? Send them our way to [email protected].