This new multispecies model from Tracker combines open-deck versatility with the security of raised gunwales and the big-water ability of a deep-V hull. Wide and deep for its size, the hull gains added stability from integrated reverse chines and provides class-leading storage capacity.
The driver's console leaves room on the centerline for a large in-deck rod locker, capable of handling six to eight casting rods. (A dual-console version with walk-through windshield is also available.) Storage abounds in a variety of side and in-deck lockers. There are two aerated livewells: a 19-gallon in-deck well forward and a 28- gallon variety aft. An optional fishing package ($400) adds a Minn Kota trolling motor, Lowrance Xs1 fish finder and a dedicated Interstate trolling battery with onboard charger.
The Pro Guide V-175 shares the same hull design and construction as the company's Targa models and provides the same roughwater capabilities. This rugged pedigree begins with a two-piece, all-welded hull and a beefy 25-inch aluminum transom designed to absorb the forces of rough water and to support a kicker motor. To further reinforce the hull, Tracker utilizes full-length longitudinal stringers supplemented with substantial grid-style cross members.
Though passengers in an open boat will never have the same protection that a full windshield can provide, the 175's sharp bow and spray chine did tame spray in our choppy conditions. Though it carries a good deal of deadrise, the hull provides enough lift to operate efficiently with a midsize engine. Powered by a 90 hp twostroke, it came on plane at half throttle and topped out just under 40 mph.
• The center rod locker will accommodate rods of up to eight feet in length.
• The hull's reverse chines enhance stability and knock down spray for a dry ride.
• Fishing chairs can be placed in five positions to accommodate all manner of casting, drifting and trolling setups.
• In-deck storage lockers feature aluminum lids for greater strength and durability.
- Test Drive
- Test Engine: Mercury 90 HP Optimax
- Test Prop: 13" X 9" aluminum
- Test Load: People (400 LB.) Fuel (21 GAL.)
- Top Speed: 39.4 MPH @ 5,600 RPM
- Time to Plane: 3.8 sec.
- Time to 30 MPH: 7.8 sec
- Most Economical Cruise Speed: 20.5 MPH @ 3,250 RPM, 2.6 GPH
- Vital Stats
- Length Overall: 17'3"
- Beam: 8'5"
- Seating/Weight Capacity: 5/760 LB.
- Fuel Capacity: 28 GAL.
- Max HP: 135
- MSRP: $18,595 ( as tested, plus freight and prep)
- NMMA Certified: Yes