Tahoe’s 2485 LTZ Versatile Rear Bench features a unique reversible aft lounge storage seat and a cool aluminum diving board securely bolted to the aft deck. Powered by a Suzuki DF200 outboard, the 2485 gives excellent performance. We accelerated to 30 mph in 7.6 seconds and topped out at 42 mph. At best cruise speed, we recorded a stingy 4.9 mpg (3.3 gph) at 3,000 rpm and 16.2 mph. At this speed, the noise level was a workable 70 decibels, and the fuel tank range is over 167 miles. All this for an as-tested price of $62,198 makes the Tahoe a diamond in the rough.
Our test boat had optional triple 25-inch-diameter Sport performance pontoons with lifting strakes mated to the deck with heavy-duty, double-bolted hat-channel crossbeams. An aluminum underdeck Wave Shield helps improve airflow and efficiency. The deck made of 3/4-inch-thick PTP marine flooring has a lifetime warranty, with optional in-floor storage. A 3-inch-tall aluminum rub rail wraps the deck with a black rubber insert to cushion docking. Tahoe seat frames are all aluminum, which gives excellent storage room underneath along with ventilation to minimize moisture.
The 2485 features a full-surround bow seating arrangement that comfortably seats six, with Buckskin premium cushioned vinyl upholstery. The center removable bow seat connects the twin facing loungers; beaching or docking access through the bow door requires moving this filler seat. The driver’s console is positioned amidships, with a matching co-pilot’s chair to port. The helm sports a full gauge package and a Garmin graph, plus a Fusion silver sound package with four speakers. Abaft, the reversible lounger creates a great sun pad for aft-facing sun-seekers with the backrest positioned aft, or serves as a forward-facing addition to the conversation pit amidships. A ski tow is a must-have option, as is the LTZ Premium Package, which provides the high-back -recliner chairs, Garmin graph, mooring cover, LED chrome docking lights, and nice touches like polished deck corners and a soft-grip, chrome-spoked steering wheel with a tilt helm.
- Suzuki DF200 outboard installed on our test boat is a powerful and efficient inline-four engine that provides solid power and helps make a value-priced package.
- Diving board installed at the portside stern platform will make the water-loving members of your crew flip.
- Reversible aft lounger provides a fantastic viewing point for watching watersports action aft or serves as a plush, forward-facing sofa.
How We Tested
- Engine: Suzuki four-stroke 200 hp
- Drive/Prop: Outboard/Mercury Enertia 15″ x 15″ 3-blade stainless steel
- Gear Ratio: 2.29:1 Fuel Load: 33 gal. Crew Weight: 250 lb.
Pricing and Specs
|Dry Weight:||2,800 lb.|
|Seat/Weight Capacity:||12/1,780 lb.|
|Fuel Capacity:||38 gal.|
Tahoe Pontoon Boats – Alma, Michigan; 800-334-2914; tahoepontoons.com