Choosing where to begin the story of Tiara’s 43 LE proves difficult. It’s filled with features that will impress discerning boat buyers. And it displays Tiara’s time-proven ability to deliver boats that have evolved right along with the way boaters use them.
And so, aboard the 43 LE, there’s no need to stuff the bilge with folding chairs. (Although, thanks to outboard power, there’s stowage in spades.) The boat’s layout handles the seating vagaries of boat owners who might entertain the extended family, set off on a romantic weekend, or do anything in between.
Note how the All-Sport Module manually rotates into multiple positions and locks firmly in place to face forward, aft or toward the opening terrace on the port side. Flip down the middle armrest and drink holders appear. Mount the teak table and serve up snacks. On its aft side is stowage, a work surface and a grill. Coupled with seats in the forward cockpit corners, plus the ability to swivel the double-wide helm seats to face aft, guests can choose from a multitude of places to sit, splay, lounge or relax. Power up the cockpit sunshade to stay cool. Want sun? The big, double-wide bow lounge seats three easily.
Owners of the 43 LE can also leave the portable swim ladder at home. Flipping down the portside terrace provides unfettered water access, so dive in, dip a toe, or get on the stand-up paddleboard. This also improves the view and the breeze, and increases the milling-about space for dockside soirees. There’s a transom door to starboard too, and generous platforms on both sides of the outboards.
Belowdecks, discover the teak and driftwood bedecked cabin. The midcabin berth has standing headroom at its entrance. The forward stateroom offers a queen pedestal berth. The hullside windows and an overhead hatch provide light and natural ventilation. The head offers a shower stall, more solid teak flooring, and a vacuum-flush commode.
Choose triple 425 hp Yamaha V-8 outboards, twin 600 hp Mercury V-12 outboards, or the triple 450 hp Mercury Racing V-8 outboards that pushed our test boat to over 60 mph.
- Innovative center-opening door seals off the midcockpit and helm deck, creating separate socializing areas (and keeping the helm climate-controlled) or opening these areas to the cockpit.
- Innovative and unique All-Sport Module and hullside terrace are just two great features we found aboard this boat.
- Midcockpit galley impresses with twin dual-voltage drawer refrigerators, a hot-and-cold faucet and more.
How We Tested
- Engines: Triple Mercury Racing 450R V-8
- Drive/Prop: Outboard/14.6″ x 18″/19″/18″ 4-blade stainless steel
- Gear Ratio: 1.75:1 Fuel Load: 400 gal. Crew Weight: 400 lb.
Pricing and Specs
|Price:||$1,194,900 (base with triple 450s)|
|Draft:||2’3″ (hull); 3’6″ (engines)|
|Dry Weight:||22,100 lb.|
|Seat/Weight Capacity:||Yacht Certified|
|Fuel Capacity:||400 gal.|