Long considered a “sleeper” of high-performance, the new Axis A245 delivers world-class wakes and waves while providing 18 on board with comfort and entertainment. The A245 maintains the Axis visual identity, but with an updated sheerline, and hullsides that allow more buyer customization.
Higher gunwales make the A245 even more comfortable and secure. Customizable seating includes the sliding rear bench, plus the optional pop-up backrests on the wraparound lounge. The AW20 tower accentuates the looks and adds function. Multiple board racks mount to each side, and board storage is built into the Bimini. Gas shocks enable one person to lower the AW20. If you opt for all four Wet Sounds Rev10 tower speakers, you won’t bump your head because there is ample clearance.
Responsible for shaping the wakes and waves of the A245 is Malibu’s Surf Gate and Power Wedge III system. Surf Gate creates a perfect wave on either side of the boat, allowing the surfer to open up a whole new bag of tricks. The Power Wedge III is a reverse hydrofoil that pulls the stern lower into water, essentially acting as ballast without needing to take on excess weight. It offers six positions to adjust the characteristics of the wakes and waves while also adding another 1,500 pounds of displacement, totaling a whopping 5,300 pounds of ballast. Combined with the Wake Plus hull, which sits lower in the water at slower speeds, riders get world-class waves from the riding surface.
The A245 can be equipped with a premium sport dash that includes wireless charging, a 7-inch touchscreen, a remote stereo head, and a soft-touch keypad for quick, easy control of systems like ballast, Surf Gate, the Power Wedge III, lighting, and all-new factory-loaded rider presets.
With the redesign and the updates, Axis has taken a legendary watersports performer and made it even better. Buyers looking for ultimate performance without having to spend on all the extra bells and whistles should give the A245 a closer look.
- Power Wedge III can be put into lift mode to help the A245 get on plane with minimal bow rise, even when the boat is loaded and ballasted.
- Updated sheerline and hull contours give this Axis an all-new aggressive look.
- Higher gunwales add security and comfort.
- Rider can wear the Surf Band to take control of Surf Gate, the Power Wedge III, riding speeds and more.
- Fill the walk-through transom with a cushion to create an extra-large lounging area.
How We Tested
- Engine: Monsoon M6Di 430 hp
- Drive/Prop: V-drive/17″ x 15.5″ nibral
- Gear Ratio: 2.00:1 Fuel Load: 72 gal. Crew Weight: 340 lb.
Pricing and Specs
|5,300 lb. (with Power Wedge III deployed)
Axis Wakes – Loudon, Tennessee; axiswake.com