At 24 feet, 2 inches and 7,500 pounds, Malibu’s flagship M242 combines with 4,719 pounds of equivalent ballast (with the Power Wedge III deployed) to quickly and easily kick up professional-level wakesurfing waves and wakeboarding wakes. The Power Wedge III is a transom-mounted foil that drags the stern deeper, creating large, rideable surfaces. It also adjusts the shape and size of wakes and waves, from beginner to pro. Surf Gate features integrated plates on each side of the transom that allow seamless transfers from one side to the other. Onscreen diagrams make the Power Wedge III and Surf Gate easy to use.
Comfort abounds aboard the M242 thanks to deep seating and supple upholstery. High freeboard offers support and keeps out spray, even in the bow, where a unique removable center cushion hinges out of the seat storage compartment. Armrests, speakers and wireless chargers are among the other amenities in front. Aft, the Max Pivot seat ranks high in versatility. It converts to a rear-facing bench, a table or a daybed. At the transom, the backrests for the lounge seats flip up so passengers can enjoy the comfort of the large sun pad above the engine compartment while socializing with everybody else on board. Integrated misters help you and your crew stay cool on hot days.
At the helm, I found Malibu’s signature dual-touchscreen Command Center easy to learn. Performance settings display on the center screen, with control over the Surf Gate, Power Wedge, boatspeed and ballast. A rotary dial with tactile buttons conveniently mounted above the throttle provides redundant, eyes-free control over the audio, Surf Gate and Power Wedge. A secondary touchscreen controls lighting, audio and other systems. The audio and lighting systems feature zone control. Choose your colors for the bow, tower and lounge. A new touchscreen mounted in the cockpit provides control of everything as well.
There are numerous other features aboard the M242. Since writing space is limited, you’ll have to go see this new Malibu for yourself to learn about them.
- Power Wedge III and Surf Gate make creating and shaping wakes and waves simple.
- G10+ tower folds at the turn of a dial, holds a lot of boards, and is equipped with misters for keeping everybody cool on hot days.
- Stern Turn thruster control is integrated into the handle of the throttle, making maneuvering in tight spots much easier.
- Continuous locker space beneath the sun pad and engine-compartment doors allows for ample board, vest and rope storage.
How We Tested
- Engine: Monsoon LT4 607 hp/606 ft.-lb.
- Drive/Prop: V-drive/18″ x 14″ nibral
- Gear Ratio: 1.50:1 Fuel Load: 75 gal. Crew Weight: 460 lb.
Pricing and Specs
|4,719 lb. (with Power Wedge III deployed)