Malibu’s 2024 Wakesetter 23 LSV sports a contemporary new look. Like the 26 LSV, it’s graced by new contours, an angular rub rail, and customizable gelcoat and metal-flake options. In the cockpit, pop-up seatbacks add additional rear-facing seating to the wraparound bench. The Max Pivot seat slides forward to offer stadiumlike viewing of wake riders. It also converts to a picnic table or lies flat into a sun bed. Redesigned transom seats are more ready than ever to lounge at the cove with additional recline. Deploying the massive flip-down swim step, now available in a powered version, makes for easy transitions in and out of the water. Or enjoy it as the coolest seat in the house while at the cove or sandbar.
The features are all cool, but the 23 LSV’s wake potential seals the deal. At its core is Malibu’s Wake Plus hull, a shape designed to displace maximum water at slower board-riding speeds, but also cut through oversize wakes and keep spray out of the boat on windy, choppy days. Factory ballast is next, enclosed within four molded subfloor tanks and optimally placed for each individual model. Add the optional Power Wedge III hydrofoil, which has a simulated weight of 1,500 pounds at max deployment, and the total tops a dreamy 4,400 pounds of wake-boosting potential. Change the Power Wedge angle to influence wake height and length, catering to recreational riders to top pros. The Malibu Surf Gate vertical tabs, mounted alongside the swim platform at the rear hull corners, divert water flow off the hull to create a clean wake face on a rider’s preferred side.
That’s a lot of balls in the air. Thankfully, Malibu’s helm Command Center maintains control via one of the most intuitive touchscreen interfaces on the market. A few taps and we had all wake features dialed in and saved under individual rider presets. A second 7-inch touchscreen handles other functions, including lighting and music. As to the power required, Malibu’s Monsoon M5Di provided 360 hp and 400 foot-pounds of torque, enough to get even the most heavily loaded boat out of the water.
- Go Home function simplifies running post-surf, emptying all ballast, and stowing the Power Wedge III and Surf Gate hardware.
- Max Pivot sliding seat adds great versatility to the layout.
- Optional G10+ tower features color-matched tubing, speakers, ratcheting board racks, a life-jacket hanger, and gas-assist shocks for weightless folding.
- RGB lighting can be personalized to individual zones on the boat and synced to music playlists.
How We Tested
- Engine: 360 hp Malibu Monsoon M5Di
- Drive/Prop: V-drive/16.5″ x 14″ nibral
- Gear Ratio: 2.00:1 Fuel Load: 42 gal. Crew Weight: 350 lb.
Pricing and Specs