Throughout its storied history, the Scarab Jet 195 ID has been defined by its ability to combine an adrenaline-fueled thrill ride with a plush, comfortable, passenger-friendly interior. That one-two punch returns for 2024, but with a little added dose of panache. Our test boat boasted the brute force of a Rotax 300 ACE engine. It leaped out of the hole with a jet’s trademark acceleration and peaked just a few ticks shy of 50 mph.
Add the Wake Edition package and discover this 19-foot jet can also kick out a surprisingly good surf wake, with decent size and plenty of all-important push to keep riders in the pocket. A trio of wake-enhancing ballast bags, split between rear storage compartments and the in-floor ski locker, boost that wake’s volume. Fine-tune the wake on a surfer’s preferred side with a wake-enhancement plate. This curved bolt-on accessory wraps around either aft corner of the hull to add additional drag, stand the wake up taller, and clean up its face. Additional amenities include tower-mounted board racks and a 12-inch dash touchscreen that controls most boat functions, as well as dials in a rider’s preferred speed, ballast load and acceleration profile. Bonus? When not in use, those ballast bags lie flat to preserve storage space.
The interior layout handles the surf crowd and the family with equal aplomb. A squared-off bow cockpit is roomy and adds padded seatback upholstery around its forward interior to cradle that crewmember who wants to watch the action aft. Step through the ultra-sleek, curved-glass windshield, and the main cockpit offers captain’s chairs behind helm and port consoles, along with a U-shaped bench. Note the cutouts in its forward seat corners. They maximize bench space by letting a passenger sink into the corner, their back fully supported and legs not tangled with adjoining occupants. Run with backrests pivoted aft when underway, or pivot them forward or completely flat when attention turns to the swim platform while coving or enjoying the sandbar. The center backrest does double duty as a convenient transom walk-through.
- Bold hull graphics done in EVA foam look great and provide protection against dock rash.
- Stands out from the crowd with choice of 11 hull colors, two deck shades, seven interior hues and two hull graphics.
- Stereo features AM/FM receiver, Bluetooth and auxiliary inputs, four speakers and helm remote.
- Intelligent Neutral and Reverse system can be fine-tuned to eliminate forward or backward creep when in neutral.
How We Tested
- Engine: Rotax Marine 300 ACE
- Drive/Impeller: Jet drive/161 mm diameter, 13-21-pitch stainless-steel impeller
- Gear Ratio: 1.00:1 Fuel Load: 20 gal.
Pricing and Specs
|$61,475 (with Rotax 300 ACE)
Scarab Jet Boats – Cadillac, Michigan; scarabjetboats.com