Imagine the sensation of blasting off in an Italian sports car, as the G-forces press you back into the seat. Now imagine doing the same thing in nearly 6,000 pounds of American pontoon boat. That’s what happened to us during our never-a-dull-moment test of the Boundary Waters 310. With 600 horses galloping, we went from zero to 30 mph in just four seconds! Up until that point, we were still gawking over the 310 square feet of deck space — truly amazing.
Much of the performance comes from Premier’s PTX technology. The heart of PTX is the 36-inch center tube that has a flat planing surface on the bottom. It, combined with lifting strakes on the outer tubes, gives the Boundary Waters 310 lift and hairpin turning capabilities — literally. Again, sports-car handling where you’d least expect it.
Everyone who stepped aboard the Boundary Waters was captivated by the boat’s welcoming size and floor plan. There is simply no other pontoon boat with this kind of luxury. All the furniture is from Flexsteel, with adjustability in the portside recliners (where most passengers will gravitate) and captain’s chair. The galley is by far the biggest we’ve seen on a pontoon. No expense has been spared, which is exactly what consumers have come to expect from Premier.
After taking our turns behind the wheel, the Suzukis took a break and we did what everyone wants to do in a Premier. We kicked up our feet and enjoyed.
Key Note: While pushing the throttles on 600 horsepower is fun, twin 115s would certainly suffice.
• 25 people can fit on this entertainment center, thanks to the huge deck and overbuilt triple-toon flotation.
• CommandView helm raises the driver several inches off the deck for a better all-around view, with a console housing storage, sink and fridge.
• Enhanced maneuverability from independent controls for each outboard. Nice for docking or jockeying for position in a flotilla.
* Length Overall: 31’4″
* Beam: 10’2″
* Dry Weight: 5,600 lb.
* Seating/Weight Capacity: 25/5,200 lb.
* Fuel Capacity: 85 gal.
* Maximum HP: 600
* MSRP (as tested): $121,724
* NMMA Certified: Yes
* Test Engines: Twin Suzuki 300 four-strokes
* Test Props: Suzuki 18.5 x 16
* Test Load: People (330 lb.); Fuel (10 gal.)
* Top Speed: 51.0 mph @ 6,350 rpm
* Time to 30 MPH: 4.0 sec.