We always look forward to seeing the latest from South Bay. Luxury and performance distinguish it from many of the other pontoons we see. It might not be that it’s first with every new feature in the marketplace, but it always finds a unique way to blend new trends into the brand.
On this 925 CRTT, we settled into the spring-suspension reclining and swiveling helm seat. It was so comfortable, we could’ve dropped anchor on the near-deserted lake and napped. But the view from the elevated helm platform was so great, we cruised and enjoyed the vantage point. Actia instrumentation with fuel monitoring at the helm was integrated with a Garmin GPS Map 430S, giving us a reading on our miles per gallon, so we tuned the throttle to the most-efficient cruise speed of 3,200 rpm.
Special conveniences abound. The optional entertainment galley was topped with a marblelike top and equipped with a cordless blender. Exterior bling included stainless-steel corner castings, cleats, cup holders and table mounts.
The transom seating area converts from forward seating to aft seating to a double-wide sun pad. At anchor, when the seating module is in sun-pad mode, you can roll right off the cushions onto the full-beam swim deck that protects passengers from the gearcase and prop. Add the word convenience to luxury and performance, and you get what South Bay boats are built to provide.
Key Note: South Bay focuses on luxury performance, then builds fun into the chassis with a full-beam platform and tow point.
• Jensen stereo has woofer and tweeter speakers in zones for optimum sound wherever you sit.
• Garmin GPS Map 430S gives plenty of how-to-get-there info, as well as nearby marinas.
• Sonar sensors monitor fuel levels, so there is never a float in the tank to fail.
• Supple upholstery and sculpted styling keep this model high on the luxury list.
* Length Overall: 26’4″
* Beam: 8’6″
* Dry Weight: 3,125 lb.
* Seating/Weight Capacity: 14/1,910 lb.
* Fuel Capacity: 51 gal.
* Maximum HP: 600
* MSRP (test boat w/ MerCruiser 350 Mag MPI Bravo 3): See local dealer
* NMMA Certified: Yes
* Test Engine: MerCruiser 350 Mag MPI B3
* Test Prop: 24″ Bravo 3
* Test Load: People (400 lb.); Fuel (20 gal)
* Optimum Cruise Speed: 26 mph @ 3,200 rpm @ 7.6 gph
* Top Speed: 43.5 mph @ 5,500 rpm
* Time to 30 MPH: 8 sec.