Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (May 18, 2018) – Mercury Marine, the world leader in marine propulsion technology, today announced the addition of multiple new 4.6L V-8 Pro XS outboards from 200-300hp and an all-new 3.4L V-6 175hp Pro XS outboard. These powerful new engines expand Mercury’s offering for competitive anglers and represent the next generation of tournament-winning performance.
“The unveiling of these powerful, high-horsepower Pro XS models culminates a process we began in 2016 to comprehensively elevate the entire Pro XS brand with engineering that delivers higher performance, better fuel economy, uncompromising reliability and durability in a light-weight four-stroke design,” said John Buelow, Mercury Marine vice president of global category management. “We now have a complete family of top-performing Pro XS outboards from 115-300hp that competitive anglers will love.”
“I need to go fast and maximize my time out on the water,” said Kevin VanDam, Four-Time Bassmaster Classic Champion. “These engines are so light, fast and quiet – it’s stunning. Mercury has raised the bar with every aspect of this engine
New V-6 3.4L 175hp Pro XS
The new 175hp Pro XS model is built on the NMMA Innovation Award winning 3.4-liter V-6 platform that Mercury introduced at the Miami International Boat Show in February. Upholding the Pro XS hallmark of ultimate performance, Mercury engineered this large displacement engine to deliver higher maximum RPM at full throttle, while retaining the Mercury V-6 platform’s peerless light weight (470lbs for the 175 Pro XS) and fuel economy. This is the perfect engine for the angler who wants to get to the fish fast.
New V-8 4.6L 200-300hp Pro XS
The new 200-300hp Pro XS models are built on Mercury’s new V-8 engine platform and boast a class-leading 4.6L powerhead that delivers phenomenal torque while weighing just 505 pounds. During performance testing, the 250hp Pro XS set new standards for high performance, outpacing the leading competitor by 20 percent for heavy load 0-20 mph acceleration and one mile-per-hour faster top speed all while delivering up to 16 percent better fuel economy at cruise. This means unrivaled performance for the elite fisherman and an engine that provides the confidence necessary to ensure a championship weekend of fishing.
The 200-300hp Pro XS models also feature a robust 1.25-inch diameter prop shaft and are available with a next-generation Torque Master gearcase that offers a 1.75:1 gear ratio and low-water pickups on the nosecone for added mounting and trimming flexibility.
“Wow is all I can say about these new engines,” said Skeet Reese, 2009 Bassmaster Classic Champion. “They are beautiful, they are fast, they are powerful, and they will set a new benchmark
Additional Intuitive Features
- Digital or mechanical controls: Available for 200-300hp Pro XS models.
- 87-Octane Standard: Both V-8 and V-6 Pro XS deliver peak performance and reliability on regular unleaded 87-octane fuel.
- Advanced Range Optimization improves cruise-speed fuel efficiency by automatically adjusting fuel delivery so seamlessly the operator won’t feel or hear it.
- Idle Charge battery-management: When battery voltage is low, the engine will automatically increase idle RPM’s to boost alternator output and recharge batteries to the proper level, protecting operators from draining their battery while trolling.
- Electronic Oil Level Sensor: Optional electronic oil level sensor automatically alerts operator to low oil level.
- Top Cowl Service Door simplifies routine maintenance with easy oil checks and oil fills without removing the cowl. The Top Cowl Service Door also houses the latch release and a carrying handle.
- Easy Maintenance: A graphic, hour based maintenance decal, no-spill oil drain & filter, color-coded maintenance points, and Mercury’s maintenance-free valve-train all make owning the new V-8 and V-6 engines stress free.
- Adaptive Speed Control: Pro XS outboards automatically maintain a desired rpm regardless of changes in load resulting in increased throttle response and a “sportier” feel for the driver.
- Pro Black Accent Panel: personalize your Pro XS outboard with a factory-painted Pro Black accent panel. Made of thin and durable polycarbonate that adheres firmly to the cowl, the panel is available from your local Mercury dealer for 175-300hp Pro XS models.
About Mercury Marine
Headquartered in Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Marine is the world’s leading manufacturer of recreational marine propulsion engines. A $2.6 billion division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC), Mercury provides engines, boats, services and parts for recreational, commercial and government marine applications, empowering boaters with products that are easy to use, extremely reliable and backed by the most dedicated customer support in the world. Mercury’s industry-leading brand portfolio includes Mercury outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrive and inboard packages; MotorGuide trolling motors; Mercury propellers; Mercury inflatable boats; Mercury SmartCraft electronics; Attwood marine parts; Land ‘N’ Sea marine parts distribution; and Mercury and Quicksilver parts and oils. More information is available at mercurymarine.com.