Mercury Marine has introduced a new MerCruiser V8 6.2L Jet Ready inboard engine. The new 370-hp Jet Power inboard is based on the MerCruiser 6.2L V8 powerplant, in an inboard configuration with a tailstock in place of a transmission for connection to a high-performance jet pump via a jackshaft.
Read Next: We Run the Brute Power of a Jet Inboard
“This engine provides boat builders, dealers and consumers with a Mercury inboard jet option that provides easy integration with a jet pump, a full warranty on jet applications and enables consumers to leverage Mercury’s best-in-class dealer network for service,” said Kris Neff, Mercury Marine vice president of global category management.
The Jet Power inboard, available only in drive-line applications, features Adaptive Speed Control and an aft-facing throttle body for a quiet ride. Designed expressly for marine use, the engine offers better durability and easier maintenance than automotive-based engines, according to Mercury.
Other features of the MerCruiser V8 6.2L Jet Power engine:
• Smooth and Quiet. Aft-facing throttle body reduces intake noise; optimized engine mounts isolate undesirable vibration, producing class-leading NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) qualities.
• Easy-to-maintain. Top-front mounted service points ease routine maintenance.
• Adaptive Speed Control maintains engine rpm with no throttle adjustment to accommodate changing conditions or turning the boat.
• Serviceable at Mercury dealers around the globe.
• Reliability backed by a comprehensive warranty on all Mercury components for worry-free boating.
Every MerCruiser Jet Power Inboard comes with Mercury Marine’s class-leading corrosion protection. The MerCruiser Jet Power Inboard also carries a three-year factory limited warranty. An additional year of factory limited warranty is applied if the engine is installed by an IQ certified boat manufacturer. The Jet Power inboard engine has been present at several West Coast shows this boat show season and will be available for sale in May.