ALPHARETTA, Ga., Oct. 10, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Honda Marine sails into the fall boating and boat show seasons with refreshed mid-sized outboard motor offerings. The Honda Marine BF75, BF90 and BF100 deliver boaters a new sleek style, new rigging components and easier maintenance features, adding up to more time on the water for boaters and their passengers.
“With the refreshed Honda BF75, BF90 and BF100 outboard motors, Honda Marine’s lineup of mid-size motors has a modern and distinct style,” said Will Walton, Assistant Vice President, Honda Marine. “Honda Marine customers interested in the new BF75, BF90 and BF100 outboard motors will also appreciate improved features and usability, exceptional fuel efficiency and the legendary Honda reliability.”
Honda Marine focused on improving the user experience for boaters with the redesigned Honda BF75, BF90 and BF100 outboard motors. From low speed maneuvers to full-throttle boating, the Honda BF75, BF90 and BF100 outboard motors deliver exceptional performance as well as excellent fuel efficiency.
Next Generation Upgrades = Enhanced User ExperienceThe refreshed Honda BF75-BF100 outboards feature new and upgraded rigging components including a new multi-function digital display and an all-new optional multi-function tiller handle that includes a larger shift lever, a power trim and tilt switch, a reversible shift lever, handle height adjustment and a variable trolling control switch. Four key design enhancements of the newly redesigned BF75, BF90 and BF100 outboard motors mean improved ease of routine maintenance and reliability for customers:
- A cover added to the engine’s water jacket for easy access to the anode metal
- A new thermostat case for easier thermostat replacement
- Improved corrosion resistance of engine hardware
- An enhanced interface to the Honda Diagnostic System
The engine cowling of the next-generation BF75, BF90 and BF100 outboards incorporates a refreshed exterior styling—Honda’s crouching form, wedged shape design—with the front of the cowling lower than the back to create a streamlined appearance and a flowing, aerodynamic line. This design is intended to communicate a nimble and advanced feeling and is the new face of Honda Marine small and mid-size engines. This crouching form design is found on the BF4, BF5 and BF6 portable outboards, the new-in-2017 BF40 and BF50 mid-range motors and the new BF75, BF90 and BF100.
Shared Technology: Crossing Honda Product LinesThe design and technology applied to the new Honda mid-range marine engine is the very same that powers Honda automobiles such as the Honda Fit. This cross-platform integration of technology illustrates the Honda commitment to high performance, fuel efficiency and environmental excellence for its customers. In turn, a number of key innovative features make the Honda BF75-BF100 outboards the leading mid-range power choices among today’s boating enthusiasts:
- Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC), a Honda exclusive, utilizes mild cam lobes to operate intake valves at low rpm, then engages a high-output lobe for higher-rpm operation. The exclusive design provides a unique blend of power, torque, and efficiency at any speed. (BF90, BF100)
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) delivers precise amounts of fuel and air to each cylinder, resulting in quick starts, instant throttle response and low fuel consumption. PGM-FI employs microprocessor technology to control accurately the ignition timing during start-up and across the entire rpm range, providing optimum overall operation. (BF75, BF90, BF100)
- Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST) System dramatically improves holeshot and acceleration by advancing ignition spark timing to within one degree of the knock limit during ‘hammer down’ acceleration. The Engine Control Module (ECM) then steps in to increase injector timing, creating a more potent air/fuel mixture. The resulting boost in available torque at low rpm contributes to a strong holeshot to get the boat up on plane quickly. The ignition spark timing is adjusted appropriately under slower throttle advancement, ensuring a leaner air/fuel mix and class-leading fuel efficiency. (BF75, BF90, BF100)
- Lean Burn Control™ automatically adjusts the air/fuel mix according to speed and load while maximizing power throughout the acceleration range—providing as much as 20 percent greater fuel efficiency in cruise mode (2,000 to 4,500 rpm). (BF75, BF90, BF100)
In addition, the Honda BF75-BF100 outboards are National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA) 2000 certified. This accreditation means the product has been tested to meet specific critical safety criteria and to correctly implement network management and messaging. NMEA developed this open architecture electronic protocol to allow engine data to be interfaced with a wide variety of name brand marine electronics. In meeting this certification, the BF75, BF90 and BF100 models do not require the added expense of proprietary gateway devices.
The newly refreshed Honda BF75, BF90 and BF100 mid-sized outboard motors are available with a 20-inch (508mm) shaft, and the BF90 and BF100 models also offer a longer shaft length of 25 inches (635mm). All three revamped outboards offer an industry-best True 5-year, non-declining factory warranty that is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
About Honda Marine
Honda Marine, a division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., markets a complete range of marine outboard motors. Its comprehensive product line is powered exclusively by four-stroke engines. Honda Marine pioneered four-stroke engine technology and has been designing and building four-stroke outboard motors for more than 50 years, setting the benchmark for fuel efficiency, quiet operation and low emissions. With models ranging from 2.3 to 250 horsepower, the Honda Marine full line of current production models meets the rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-star standards, enabling availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.
Follow Honda Marine and Honda Power Equipment news and video on:[marine.honda.com](About Honda Marine Honda Marine, a division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., markets a complete range of marine outboard motors. Its comprehensive product line is powered exclusively by four-stroke engines. Honda Marine pioneered four-stroke engine technology and has been designing and building four-stroke outboard motors for more than 50 years, setting the benchmark for fuel efficiency, quiet operation and low emissions. With models ranging from 2.3 to 250 horsepower, the Honda Marine full line of current production models meets the rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-star standards, enabling availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states. Follow Honda Marine and Honda Power Equipment news and video on: marine.honda.com)