Livorsi Marine will be featuring its new Platinum Series controls at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (November 1-5, Booth 4101). The Platinum Series controls are completely customizable and available in three throttle/shift configurations: fully mechanical, fully electric and mechanical/electric (hybrid). These controls are compatible with throttle, shift, jet drives or buckets (one function per handle) for 33C or 43C cables. Finally, three base styles are available: standard, billet or the new arched base, each available in an array of powder-coated colors, chrome or a simulated carbon-fiber finish.
The Platinum Series controls feature strong and lightweight billet-aluminum construction, with an anodized base coat under a powder-coated finish for extra resistance to corrosion. A shorter base depth (8.125 inches for mechanical and hybrid units and just 6.5 inches for electric units) eases installation, and friction and detent may be adjusted after the controls are installed. Ergonomic knobs ensure long hours of comfortable operation.
The controls may be configured using any combination of these features:
- The use of mechanical 33C or 43C cables for mechanical levers
- Electric configurations use compact direct-driven angular sensors, zero- to 5-volt electronic sensors or a PWM signal
- The use of a microswitch for electronic transmission shifting
- Choice of throttle base
- Choice of one, two or three switches in the knob to actuate drive trim, tabs, the jack plate or other functions
- Knobs are available in 12 different color options
(Check with the engine manufacturer or Livorsi Marine for electric control compatibility.)